Real-Time Prescription Benefit, combined with Electronic Prior Authorization lets you reduce inefficiencies in the prescribing workflow. Follow these 5 steps in your MicroMD EHR and you are on your way!
- When selecting medications, your MicroMD EHR will display pricing data and alternatives based on patient-specific benefit information. You’ll deepen your understanding of patient benefits — and make the best possible decisions.
- As you’re entering prescriptions, your MicroMD EHR will show you whether you need a medication prior authorization. If no prior authorization is needed, the prescription can go straight to the pharmacy.
- If a prior authorization is needed, your MicroMD EHR will alert your staff, then auto-fill as much of the request form as possible. It will send the completed form to the PBM to get approval.
- With approval secured, you’ll be able to electronically route the prescription to the pharmacy—no faxes, no phone calls, no after-the-fact interruptions.
- Your patients can pick up medications on their first visit to the pharmacy, without frustrating delays.
At the end of the day, it is all meeting the needs of your patients!
Next, check-out what’s TRENDING with Real-Time Prescription Benefit: