Small Practice Impacts of the 2018 Quality Payment Program
CMS recently released the Final Rule for Year 2 of the Quality Payment Program. At a high level, the 2018 performance year program changes are intended to continue the positive groundwork that’s been laid for improving the quality and coordination of care while also helping reduce the burden on providers. The final rule includes many changes that impact small practices – those with 15 or fewer providers – and solo practitioners including new performance category and scoring changes, flexible participation options, exclusions and exceptions, and additional bonuses. Start here to learn the potential impact on your practice.
- 2017 and 2018 hardship exception updates
- 2018 eligibility and exceptions
- 2018 Performance Category weight changes
- New Cost category
- 2018 scoring, reporting, and payment adjustments
- Small practice bonuses
- New Virtual groups participation for solo practitioners and small groups
- EHR requirements and bonus for using 2015 CERHT technology
- Best practices for 2018 preparation
Presented by Kristen Heffernan
Kristen is the general manager of Henry Schein MicroMD. She leads the operational teams that conceive, develop, launch, sell, implement, train and support the simple yet powerful MicroMD solutions that help physician practices maintain independence and achieve challenging outcomes, including meeting MIPS and HIPAA Security Rule requirements.
Ready to watch?
Fill out the form below!