Advantages of Electronic Health Records (EMRs)
Explore the Advantages of EMR
The mechanisms of safety for electronic medical records in terms of both patient diagnosis and the security of their health records is one of the main elements that electronic medical records companies design into their software systems.
The reduction of medical errors represents a benefit to both patient and doctor.
An electronic medical health records arena of information sharing within a medical practice naturally reduces unwanted hand transcribed errors. The problem of lost or misplaced patient files is also eliminated.
These benefits of EMR help produce a marked increase in the health related safety of patients and patient welfare.
In addition, electronic medical records and patient care are synonymous in that such systems easily enable constraints to be placed upon end users’ access to particular patient information.
This personal security aspect is also important to meeting a patient’s privacy concerns.
Any disadvantages of electronic medical records lay not in the concept or actual physical medium of retaining records in a computerized system, but only in the natural challenges of investment, preparation, and training.
Each medical practice must evaluate its capabilities in terms of the initial monetary investment required to implement an EMR System.
Transition plans from the old paper records system to the new electronic medical records system need to be implemented to help medical staff feel as comfortable with the switch as possible.
The computer skills of present medical staff may present an obstacle to be overcome through appropriate EMR Training as well.
The many components of a well-established electronic medical records system include the software, coordination procedures between departments for the transfer and reception of information, organizational rules within the office for personnel use and established plans for continuing education and training by medical staff.
All of these components come together to create numerous EMR benefits for your practice including streamlined office coordination, quickly transferrable data inside and outside of your office, increase patient engagement, and more.
As we stated earlier, there are minimal disadvantages to EMR usage and we belief that the EMRs benefit far outweigh the minor inconveniences that may come with it.
The MicroMD line of PM and EMR software products is a respected branch of Henry Schein Medical Systems and offers the benefits of electronic medical records software to medical practices of all sizes.
MicroMD EMR is perfectly designed to manage and coordinate your medical practice’s patient information and workflow environment.
To learn more about the advantages of electronic medical records for your practice please call Toll Free at 1-800-624-8832 or contact our Electronic Medical Records Sales staff.
Advantages of EMR for the Patient
- Improved diagnosis and treatment
- Significantly fewer errors found within personal health records
- Faster care and decision making responses from assigned medical professionals
Advantages of EMR for the Medical Practice
- The ability to quickly transfer patient data from one department to the next is a huge asset
- The space saving benefit of a digital records environment
- The ability to ultimately increase the number of patients served per day for enhanced patient workflow and increased productivity
- Improved results management and patient care with a reduction in errors within your medical practice
- Reduced operational costs such as transcription services and overtime labor expenses
- Customizable and scalable electronic medical records that can grow with your practice
- Advanced e-Prescribing and clinical documentation capabilities
- Plus an improved bottom line of the healthcare practice, enhanced through the ability to more accurately and efficiently process patient billing
Ready to get started?
Learn more about MicroMD’s Electronic Medical Record SoftwareRequest Info