One in five Americans struggle with a mental illness. This in itself speaks to why mental healthcare has become such a large focus in the medical field. With that being said, the demand and stigma around it creates barriers for patients and clinicians alike to receive and deliver care. Telepsychiatry presents opportunities for more accessible, affordable care within a patient’s own space that can alleviate some of the pressures of mental health for all involved. In this eBook, you will learn more about the following…
- What is telepsychiatry and how did it get started?
- How does telepsychiatry compare to behavioral and mental health?
- What types of providers can utilize telepsychiatric care?
- What types of services are available through telepsychiatry?
- What types of opportunities and challenges exist for this means of care?
- What inhibits people from receiving care for mental health concerns?
- How has telepsychiatry been used by clinicians and patients?
Telepsychiatry has barriers, like many non-traditional types of care delivery but it also presents opportunities for those who feel restricted in their ability to access care. Learn more today.