Do you have concerns with remaining HIPAA compliant in light of all of the interoperability requirements? If you do, you are not alone and many others are wondering how to walk the line between compliance and penalty. It can be done, it just takes understanding, patience, and knowledge. In this eBook, we will discuss the following…
- What is HIPAA?
- What is interoperability?
- What concerns exist in regard to HIPAA and interoperability?
- How do HIPAA and interoperability align?
- When are providers permitted to exchange PHI under HIPAA?
- Why is this all important?
No one wants to be served with a fine or a penalty, and everyone wants to achieve better health outcomes for their patients. Once you understand how HIPAA and interoperability can work hand in hand, you will be well on your way to achieving the latter.