Cybersecurity in Healthcare:
What to Know and How to Reduce the Risk of Data Theft
The need for cybersecurity initiatives have reached their peak as more and more healthcare centers are becoming the targets of cybercrimes. We know what you’re thinking, how do I enact safeguards to protect not only patients but my practice? In this eBook, we provide that answer and the following…
- Why is cybersecurity important?
- What happened in healthcare cybersecurity in 2017?
- What’s expected to happen in healthcare cybersecurity in 2018?
- How you can protect your practice and your patient’s data?
- What do you do in case of a breach?
- How does MicroMD fulfill HIPAA security requirements?
As a physician, it is your job to heal your patients, and to protect them from harm. Protecting them from harm stretches beyond preventative medicine – protecting them from harm also means making sure their personal health information (PHI) isn’t stolen.