The latest from Henry Schein MicroMD
Last updated: April 1, 2020
First and foremost I want to thank you for being on the front lines of patient care and reassure you that the Henry Schein and MicroMD teams are prepared with strong business continuity plans that span multiple divisions and teams.
Business Guidance and Continuity Plan
As a division of parent company Henry Schein, MicroMD is actively engaged with corporate resources to align and operate according to CDC guidance. As MicroMD is a technology company, we’re well-versed in connecting remote resources and people, including employees who work remotely. We are committed to ensuring that we can provide continued support and services in the event of a disruption to MicroMD business. We have a plan in place to ensure your core support and service resources continue to be available.
Team Schein Member (TSM) Safety
Our focus is – and will remain – doing our best to protect the health and welfare of Team Schein and our families. Following consultations with public health experts and global health authorities, including the World Health Organization (WHO), we have taken the following preventive measures.
- TSMs in the United States are no longer permitted to attend business meetings or events, internally or externally, that exceed 10 people. Company-hosted meetings, and external business events not hosted by the Company, are evaluated against this criteria because social distancing is a critical behavior to minimize the risk of transmission;
- International business travel has been suspended through and including April 30. TSMs may travel within their home country, except where government restrictions already apply;
- Domestic business travel is permitted, but is evaluated for necessity and whether the meeting can be attended in an alternative manner (videoconference or teleconference);
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has broadened their travel notices. Applying the CDC’s travel notices, any TSM returning to their home country from Europe, China, Korea, and Iran, for business or personal reasons, is required to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days beginning when they leave the affected country to ensure they have not contracted the virus and do not pose a public health risk;
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been implemented in our facility;
- MicroMD employees are now working-from-home until further notice in the interest of reducing exposure risk and potential spread. Employees will continue to work from home until May 4th or until otherwise noted, please stay tuned as updates will be made as time goes on;
- COVID-19 communications has been developed and deployed to team members to educate them on what they can do to help protect themselves.
COVID-19 Resource and Education Center
Henry Schein’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center provides a rich selection of practical information to help customers with the wide range of issues presented by the outbreak. As a companion to the resource center, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Education Center provides content from webinars about managing through COVID-19, including a calendar of future events and links to register.
In the meantime, we wish you, your teams, and your patients success and good health.
Kristen Heffernan, General Manager
Henry Schein MicroMD